Monday, April 16, 2012

Dancing in the car....

While I'm sure the authorities would not improve on the amount of dancing that occurred while I drove to my current writing haven, nobody (or vehicle) was endangered in the process. I have a rekindled love for dancing in the car. I think it comes with the warm weather, when it is easier to roll the windows all the way down, blast your favorite radio station and move to the music (without the added danger of pneumonia). Alas, dancing in the car year round is one of those guilty pleasures that keeps me smiling and laughing all the way to my destination. 
Even as I sit in one of my favorite spots to write, get some excess work done, or just sit back and read, the urge to dance has not left my system. This brings me to this week's challenge (or risky endeavor). I have never been a huge fan of humiliating myself in public (who is, really?) but in the spirit of spending the next few months facing my fears and stepping out of my comfort zone, dancing in my car has sparked a new idea. I have to give a shout out to my friend, Kory, because if I had not danced the night away on Friday night as an extension of his birthday celebration, I probably would not have come up with this week's challenge. So, I know you're all holding your breath (those of you who are my friends and reading this, now would be the time to pay attention). Here it is:


This week, I will be breaking out into impromptu dance moments. No matter where I am or what I am doing (and no matter who is looking), I will dance to whatever music pops into my head or am listening to. 
Now friends who read this, you can play a part in this as well. If I am out hanging out with you, all you need to do is dare me to dance and I will do it (however, I will most likely make you join me, so beware). If we are not, and you just want to catch me by surprise, send me a text message or post on my facebook with "impromptu dance" and I will drop what I am doing and do a little dance (make a little love... ahahaha, okay I won't go there). Overall, this should be a fun challenge.  I cannot wait to start. 


Anyone who reads this blog, whether you be my friend or just someone seeing what these silly ramblings are about, I challenge you to join in this endeavor with me. LIBERATE YOURSELF! And please, share with me the outcomes of your experiences, as I will certainly be sharing mine. More later on this challenge! 


LET'S DANCE! :P

1 comment:

  1. I know just what you mean! I like to bust a move in a far more dangerous place--the shower. I can't help it, when I have music blasting and especially when I'm about to go out somewhere--I have to do a little shower booty shaking :-)

    ReplyDelete