Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Organizing Life.

Not that organizing your entire life is even remotely possible, as we are all in a perpetual state of chaos in at least one sense, but the past few days I have spent organizing the mountains of PDF files, word docs, and loose papers associated with my Graduate career. This has also caused me to stumble upon some things I have not looked at for years, including this poem I wrote in the 12th grade:


Unrequited, yet Unconditional Love
By Megan Lacey

So fuzzy, warm
A free-thinking soul
Trapped inside a body with brown and black
stitching

No dollies for this girl
She's quite content with her
imaginary friend.
"Annabelle takes baths in the washing machine,"
mommy explains
As she tosses sweet, brown Annabelle into the
big "hairdryer" with
Bankie.

Pitter Patters are heard
on the living room floor when
the buzzer sounds.
A little girl reunited with
the loves of her life.

Sometimes I think of how simple things were for me back then. It was a simplicity I did not appreciate until now. In some ways, I knew myself much more completely back then, even though I had the same doubt of my own instincts that I do now. Back then, it was easy to write poetry from the perspective of my elementary school self. In many ways I was uncorrupted by the weights and toils of the world. I suppose in some ways I will never lose the playfulness completely, but much of it has slipped from my grasp. Back then, I was not afraid to feel openly. I was not afraid to let people in. 

Anyways, enough of that. I've posted a story that I wrote in college entitled "The Meadow" under my Pages if you would like to take a look, post comments on what you think, etc. I have to complete more job applications. :) Adios! 

No comments:

Post a Comment